© Reuters. Ukrainian countrywide flag is viewed through the window of an condominium wrecked in the course of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in the city of Borodianka, in Kyiv region, Ukraine May 13, 2022. REUTERS/Vladyslav Musiienko
(Reuters) – Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy predicted Russia will escalate its assaults this 7 days as European Union leaders contemplate regardless of whether to back his country’s bid to be a part of the bloc and Russia presses its marketing campaign to get regulate of east Ukraine.
* Luhansk’s Governor Serhiy Gaidai explained to Ukrainian television that “all Russian statements that they handle the city are a lie. They command the most important aspect of the town, but not the total town”. Fighting manufactured evacuations from the city impossible, he claimed.
* Britain’s Ministry of Defence stated each Russia and Ukraine have ongoing hefty bombardment all around Sievierodonestk “with tiny transform to the front line”.
* Analysts at the Washington-dependent Institute for the Research of War think tank wrote that “Russian forces will possible be equipped to seize Sievierodonetsk in the coming months, but at the price of concentrating most of their readily available forces in this modest place”.
* In Ukraine’s second greatest city Kharkiv, northwest of Luhansk, Russia’s defence ministry mentioned its Iskander missiles experienced destroyed weaponry lately supplied by Western nations.
* The governor of Russia’s Bryansk location stated the border village of Suzemka had been shelled from northern Ukraine, and one particular person was wounded and a ability station was harmed.
* In southern Ukraine, Western weaponry experienced helped Ukrainian forces advance 10 km (6 miles) in direction of Russian-occupied Melitopol, its mayor reported in a video posted on Telegram from exterior the town.
* Reuters could not independently validate battlefield studies.
DIPLOMACY* NATO Secretary-Typical Jens Stoltenberg explained the war in Ukraine “could get yrs” and the West need to proceed its assist, Germany’s Bild am Sonntag newspaper noted.
* European Union overseas ministers will discuss techniques to cost-free thousands and thousands of tonnes of grain stuck in Ukraine because of to Russia’s Black Sea port blockade at a meeting in Luxembourg on Monday.
* Germany announced its newest measures to boost gas storage concentrations to prepare for the future wintertime time, when it fears Russia, which has slash deliveries in new times, could cut down or even fully halt materials.